London, 15 April 2009: Four Communications Group plc, the leading independent international communications agency, this week celebrates no fewer than five of its client campaigns receiving nominations for the finals of the 2008 Superior Achievement in Branding and Reputation (SABRE) Awards. The awards celebrate outstanding communications work across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Four will now be up against a number of the leading international agencies across a wide range of categories. The shortlisted campaigns demonstrate the breadth of Four’s services and geographical reach, with nominations for the company’s PR, Public Affairs, Marketing, Digital and Sports and Arts Sponsorship divisions in both the UK and UAE.
Four’s nominated campaigns for the SABRE 2008 finals are:
- In the Marketing Communications – Business to Business category for our work with TNT Post UK demonstrating the benefits of competition in the UK postal market
- In the Advocacy – Public Affairs category for a campaign on behalf of the Energy Retail Association to increase awareness of their proposed Smart Meters scheme amongst public sector stakeholders
- In the Consumer Services – Entertainment, Culture and Sport category, for the year-long celebration of Liverpool as European Capital of Culture 2008 with the Liverpool Culture Company
- In the Media Relations – Corporate category for our work with Etihad Airways during a crucial year of growth, which included one of the largest aircraft orders ever made, at Farnborough Air Show
- In the Business to Business – Construction and Development category for a major branding exercise and integrated online and offline marketing campaign for the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council, bringing their landmark Plan Abu Dhabi 2030 to both the public and a crucial audience of developers, Government departments and service providers
The SABRE awards, administered by the Holmes Group, are given to those which have shown outstanding achievements in branding and reputation. The campaigns are judged against four key values, namely strategy, breakthrough thinking, integrity and effectiveness.
In the space of a few years the SABRE awards have become established as some of the public relations industry’s most sought after accolades. The final decisions on the SABRE award winners will be made by several experienced public relations and corporate communication experts, and are to be announced in late May 2009.
For further information, please contact:
Business Development Manager
0870 626 9920
Notes to editors:
1. About Four
Four Communications was set up in 2001 based on four core principles…experience, passion, intelligence, commitment. These are the principles which underpin all our client programmes and define the way we run the business.
We have a two-centre strategy, based in the United Kingdom and the Gulf, from which we deliver local and international campaigns for a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors.
Just seven years on we have consistently proven ourselves to be one of the fastest growing communication agencies in both the UK and the Gulf. We now have 140 staff covering every communications discipline
We are a fully integrated agency spanning public relations, public affairs and sponsorship and have our own in–house creative teams delivering digital, design, web, corporate publishing, events, marketing and media planning and buying. This means clients get an unrivalled service, matching their total communications needs, and unrivalled value for money.
Four Communications is owned and controlled by its management and staff.
2. About the SABRE awards
For more information about the SABRE EMEA awards please visit http://www.holmesreport.co.uk/about/sabre_info.cfm