Today is the launch of Parliament Week, a week of activities and events to help people feel more connected with Parliament and democracy. As part of Parliament Week, Four Colman Getty has been working with Daily Telegraph Wonder Women to organise an event that will get to the heart of the big questions around women and their position in politics.
Topics up for discussion in the Question Time-style debate include whether having more women in politics would impact policies and leadership style, and whether there’s really such a thing as a “women’s vote”.
The event will take place on Wednesday 20 November from 6pm at the Daily Telegraph’s offices. Wonder Women Editor Emma Barnett will Chair the panel, which will include:
- Yvette Cooper, Shadow Home Secretary and Labour MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford
- Dr Sarah Wollaston, Conservative MP for Totnes
- Dr Helen McCarthy, Senior Lecturer in History, Queen Mary University, whose specialist subjects include the changing place of women in British diplomatic life
- Jenny Garrett MA, Executive Coach and Leadership Expert
- Lucy Manning, UK Editor and former political correspondent, ITV News
To register for a free place, please visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/women-in-politics-a-wonder-women-debate-for-parliament-week-tickets-9295494073